Saturday, February 26, 2011

Child Development Quotes

"
Whatever they grow up to be, they are still our children, and the one most important of all the things we can give to them is unconditional love. Not a love that depends on anything at all except that they are our children."
Rosaleen Dickson

"Children are the world's most valuable resource and its best hope for the the future"
John Fitzgerald Kennedy (American 35th US President (1961-63)

"You can learn many things from children. How much patience you have, for instance."
Franklin P. Jones

"There are two lasting bequests we can give our children. One is roots. The other is wings."
Hodding Carter, Jr.

Professional thanks and support

I would  like to thank all my colleagues for their support throughout this course. By reading and participating in the discussions and blogs assignments, it has helped me to enhance my motivation to continue my journey of learning in the early childhood field. I am looking forward to work together in future classes. Good luck and take care as we continue our journey of learning in the early childhood field.

Thanks, Again!

4 comments:

  1. Tale,
    I have enjoyed reading your blogs and sharing my thoughts and apirations with. I found your first qoute to be very interesting, "Whatever they grow up to be, they are still our children, and the one most important of all the things we can give to them is unconditional love. Not a love that depends on anything at all except that they are our children." by Rosaleen Dickson

    As adults we sometimes get so caught up in wanting our children to be the way we want them to be instead of them being who they are.

    I wish you much success and luck in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Talae,
    We are at this junction again, I must say that people like you continue to remind me that it is for this reason we were created, to be a blessing to others. I am happy for the connection and for the experience we are sharing along this journey.

    I am particularly impressed with your third quote. I think it speaks to the problems being experience by some of our children especially our males because our early childhood institutions – preschools and elementary schools where it is said that many teachers continue to teach as they were taught unless they got a light bulb moment so some of our children are not grounded in concepts and as such they cannot acquire wings to take the world by storm and make a meaningful difference. In addition, most of our teachers are females and some teachers do not vary the learning styles sufficiently so some children are not really connecting. Thanks for reminding us of our responsibility as professionals.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Talae,
    Thank you for your inspiration and your support throughout the course. Even though we were in different groups I read some of group 2 postings and your posting was an inspiration to me. Thanks for your sharings and I look forward to journeying with you in the future classes.
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Talae-
    what wonderful quotes. I too am inspired and motivated by sharing with my colleagues new and interesting points of view.

    ReplyDelete