Friday, July 1, 2011

Blog Assignment 1: Getting Ready -Establishing Professional Contacts and Expanding Resources

June 29, 2011- e-mails rejected from the NAEYC website:
sklaus@issa.nl- Netherlands,International Step by Step Association
siobhanf@nippa.org - Ireland, Nippa The Early Childhood Organization
ydionne@cccf-fcsge.ca -Canadian Childcare Federation
jsm@wace.org -Europe, World Association of Early Childhood
July 1, 2011- e-mail rejected from the NAEYC website:
2kdotcom@ghana.com- Ghana

These are the only two websites on the NAEYC website that I have not received a rejection from. Hopefully, these will be the two websites that I will be able to use for professional contacts from around the world:
arebimbo@yahoo.com, Niger Delta Academic Foundation
child_ceccdd@yahoo.com- Philippines, Center for Early Childhood Care & Development

Also, I contacted some old college classmates and I asked them did they have any contacts with any outside early childhood professionals? Although I have not received any replies from them, I am praying they will contact me soon. I am ready to compare and contrast issues and trends that we are currently facing in the early childhood field.

Since I have had no responses from any outside early childhood professionals. I have decided to use the World Forum podcasts just in case all of my contacts do not work out.

Part 2: Expanding Resources

The website I chose for my expand resources: http://www.preknow.org/

This website has come to mean a lot to me because I have been working in pre-k for the last four-and-half years. This website will keep me updated with the current issues that is happening in pre-k, and information that will be helpful in my profession working with parents and children. Also, I subscribed  to their newsletters. On July 1, 2011, I received my first pre-k news clips.

2 comments:

  1. Talae,
    I had the same problems as you in getting the contacts. Anyway, issues and trends exit all over the world and it is amazing to know we can be kept updated about the different issues and trends facing early childhood all over the world.
    I hope that those meaningful contacts would be able share lights on the issues and we would be able to find solutions to those issues which may face us.
    Thanks for your continued support!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Talae,

    It seems we all might have had difficulties contacting outside sources. I chose a few of the ones you did and sent a contact, a few were return to sender, and a few were no replies at all.

    I subscribed to the podcasts, even if I do hear a response it will be nice to have extra resources.

    ReplyDelete