Friday, June 24, 2011

When I Think of Research...

What insights have I gained about research from taking this course?

I have gained a lot about research from taking this course which includes: steps to follow that will generate research that is informative, ethical, and meaningful includes, selecting a topic, search and review the literate, formulate a specific research issue/question, design the research, collect data/information, process/analyze data, draw conclusions, write research reports.

In what ways have your ideas about the nature of doing research changed?

This class has helped me to learn how to read research correctly. In order to make the research reliable, it is important to include triangulation which help the researchers to look at the data from different type of research. The four types of triangulation are: data, methodological, investigator, and theory.

What lessons about planning, designing, and conducting  research in early childhood did you learn?

I learned that planning, designing and conducting data must be done ethically because this will add to the quality of the research. The design involves the process of refining the topic, and how the research will be done, consider issues relate to time (when, where, and who), and choose the participants, too.

What were some of the challenges I encountered and what ways did I meet them?

This is my first time doing research, this topic was very challenging for me. I relied on the information in the textbook a lot. The information, I read from the resources, the discussion boards, and feedback from my instructor helped me to overcome these challenges. Although I learned a lot from this class about research, there are a lot of concepts I need to continue to work on.

What are some of the ways your perception of an early childhood professional have been modified as result of this course?

As an early childhood professional, I have learned from this course that it is my responsibility to protect, educate, and help children and their families to overcome obstacles that will interfere with their human rights.

5 comments:

  1. I had also learned a lot in this course as well. I think I am starting to get a better grasp on how to do research, but I also know that there is more I need to learn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As I read your posting I was able to see relate to all the information we have learned during this course. This class has been very informative and as you mention I also had no experience in regards to research and most of the concepts were new for me to. We were fortunate to have our text book as well as our instructor and colleagues to consult with a better understanding of each topic.

    Thank you, Chris for all the valuable information you shared with us during this course and I hope to continue learning from each during the remaining courses we have to conclude our Masters Degree in Early Childhood.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As an educator I can't agree with you more. It's our job to educate, protect and help families and children overcome obstacles and reach full potential to be successful. I enjoyed your insights and words of inspiration to get me through this class. I can't wait until we start a new journey!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Christine,
    I think that there was alot of information to learn regarding research during this course. During this course I already knew that it took time to conduct research, but I really had no idea as to the many facets of research to ensure that the data collected is valid and that it came from a credible source.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tale,
    Thanks for your posting and blog!
    As a result of our critical reflection in refining and finalizing our research outline, we have gained a deeper understanding and knowledge of conducting research. Thus, we are able to inform future actions. We now see things with a new vision and that is good for early childhood education.
    See you in the next course!

    ReplyDelete